Personal Development? Ever heard of it? I hadn’t either… and now it’s something I do every morning! Essentially what it is is an investment into yourself and your life. It’s an attitude that helps to improve your life by taking the time to do things that help you grow, that help your mindset shift, and that improve your quality of life by allowing you to set goals, manifest them, and believe in yourself that you can achieve them.
I do personal development through many different forms – reading books, journaling, listening to podcasts, as well as through training with successful and inspirational people.
Every morning I write in my gratitude journal and I do 20 minutes of personal development reading. I am a morning person, and I really enjoy starting my day this way – it puts me in a positive and grateful mood that I carry through with me throughout the day.
One of the first personal development books I read was Girl, Stop Apologizing by Rachel Hollis. This book was so good; she is so transparent about her journey to success and every chapter was so relatable. I highly recommend reading her books if you haven’t already!!
Another one that I LOVE, that completely changed my mindset is The 10X Rule by Grant Cardone. If you’re a business owner, entrepreneur, or want more out of your life and have a true purpose, this book is for you! Every single page was packed with such great information, it was actually crazy how many times I had an “aha” moment because of something he wrote. I’m also not one who usually rereads books, but I am already planning on reading this one again and again.
Here’s a list of some of my favourites:
- Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis
- Girl, Stop Apologizing by Rachel Hollis
- Unfu*k Yourself by Gary John Bishop
- The 10X Rule by Grant Cardone
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey
- The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz
- High Performance Habits by Brendon Burchard
- Get Over Your Damn Self by Romi Neustadt
- The ABCs of Success by Bob Proctor
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck by Mark Manson
Here are my TOP 3 SUGGESTIONS for Personal Development reads:
Girl Stop Apologizing by Rachel Hollis – https://amzn.to/2xAMn5c
Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill – https://amzn.to/35z82XX
The 10X Rule by Grant Cardone – https://amzn.to/3b3MTpV